Blood oranges are in season now! There is no better time of year to enjoy this tasty & unique citrus fruit! Delicious out-of-hand & one of my favorites for salad dressings!
Blood Oranges get their distinct red flesh from anthocyanins, a type of antioxidant that is very rare for citrus fruits! The flavor is very similar to traditional oranges.
Enjoy this Blood Orange Vinaigrette recipe from the Garden Cut kitchen!
BLOOD ORANGE VINAIGRETTE RECIPE
Produce Mom serving suggestions:
– Excellent vinaigrette for salads!
– Great marinade for steaks!
– Yummy on fish tacos!
– Great for vinegar-based potato or chicken salad!
– Toss in your favorite veggies & roast ’em!
– Pour vinaigrette over a block of cream cheese & serve with crackers for an easy yet elegant appetizer!
How do you plan to use this versatile vinaigrette? We would love to hear your ideas in the comments section below!
Enjoy the January #ProduceChallenge!
xoxo Produce Mom