Trilogy of Veggie Dips
Trying to boost your veggie intake? Want to boost your child’s interest in vegetables? Delicious veggie dips are a smart way to do just that. Easy and fun, these three dips are loved by adults and kids alike.
Enjoy each dip by itself or serve all three together at larger gatherings and parties. Baby showers, wedding showers, birthday parties… these three veggie dips go over like gangbusters at any event. Their distinct yet complementary colors look great together too!
- 8 oz feta cheese
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl and garnish with a lemon wedge. Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to three days.
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves
- 3 tbsp fresh chives chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh tarragon chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon peel finely grated
- 1/2 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 anchovy fillets
- Combine basil, chives, tarragon, lemon peel in a food processor and blend for 5-10 seconds.
- Add the remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve with assorted vegetables.
- 4 red bell peppers
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 15 oz chickpeas drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tsp garlic diced
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees.
- Roast the red bell peppers: Remove the stem and seeds and cut into quarters. Place on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the bell peppers from the oven and allow them to cool. Once they are cool enough to touch, peel the skin off.
- In a food processor, blend the bell pepper until smooth. Add in the remaining ingredients and pulse until well blended.
- Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator in an air-tight container for up to one week.
Carrots, celery, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes… each of these dips pairs perfectly with a variety of vegetables. Which of these veggie dips will you try first? Share with us in the comments below or on in The Produce Moms Facebook group!