SweeTango® Apple Sour Cocktail
This recipe is sponsored by SweeTango®.
Apple cider and pumpkin spice are classic fall drinks. But when the kids go to bed, it’s time to break out another tasty autumn beverage: the SweeTango® Apple Sour Cocktail! Filled with rich bourbon, cinnamon, and of course, SweeTango apples, this fall-flavored drink is perfect for cool nights by the fire or fall gatherings with friends. Whip up this impressive, tasty drink during your fall festivities!
How to Make a Sweetango Apple Sour Cocktail
As the name implies, the SweeTango Apple Sour Cocktail is all about showing off the flavor of the delectable SweeTango apple. We did that using homemade cinnamon simple syrup, amaretto, and bourbon. These flavors are all perfectly paired with the honey, citrus, and spice you’ll find in the SweeTango.
Apples might not be your everyday cocktail ingredient, but they’re easy to add to a drink. In this fresh take on a classic sour cocktail, we added apples by dicing them and muddling them in our cocktail shaker before shaking. But this drink only benefits from more apple flavor, so we recommend finding more ways to serve SweeTango apples with it! Try juicing the apples and adding some to your cocktail shaker. Or, thinly slice an apple and muddling pieces of it in the bottom of each glass. And don’t forget the apple star coin as a garnish!
SweeTango Apple Sour Cocktail
- Cocktail shaker
- Fine mesh strainer
- 1 SweeTango® apple diced into 1" cubes
- 1 1/2 oz bourbon whiskey
- 1/2 oz amaretto
- 1/2 oz freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 oz cinnamon simple syrup
- In a cocktail shaker add in the bourbon, amaretto, lemon juice and cinnamon simple syrup. Add in 7-8 diced apple cubes and muddle.
- Add in 7-8 diced apple cubes and muddle.
- Add ice and shake for 25-30 seconds.
- Pour into a stem glass using a fine mesh strainer.
- Garnish with a SweeTango® star coin. To make star coin: Slice an apple on the side to get star ring slice. Use a cookie cutter or knife to create a small ring around the star. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
- In a saucepan, add 1 ½ cups of water and 4-5 cinnamon sticks and bring to a boil for 10 minutes.
- Add in 1 cup of granulated sugar and reduce to low heat until sugar is completely dissolved.
- Let cool, place in a mason jar, and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Sweet Fall Drinks with SweeTango Apples
With a standout flavor that features hints of honey, citrus, and spice, SweeTango apples are perfect for cocktails. While we’re sure you’ll love this SweeTango Sour Cocktail, there’s much more you can do with this luxurious, versatile apple. They’re delicious in all kinds of fall recipes. Try sweet and gooey Caramel Apple S’mores or rich, creamy Apple Pumpkin Spice Smoothie. Or try simply eating them out of hand. You’ll be amazed by their remarkably loud crunch!
With one-of-a-kind flavor and numerous health benefits, SweeTango apples are an easy way to add a tasty, heart-healthy snack to your day. Look for them in your local grocery store through early December.
Did this SweeTango Sour Cocktail become a new autumn favorite? How did it go over at your latest fall gathering? Tell us in the comments. Or tag us in a SweeTango snapshot on Instagram @theproducemoms!