Apr 13, 2015, Updated Apr 01, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Baby bella mushrooms are another name for Italian portobello mushrooms. They are low-fat, cholesterol free, and jam-packed full of nutrients, including selenium, niacin, copper and pantothenic acid. Baby bella mushrooms have an intense, meat-like flavor when cooked. They are incredibly versatile, and especially delicious when stuffed with cheese and all the yummy veggies listed in this recipe! You can serve them as an appetizer, side dish, or simply a nutritious afternoon snack!
Stuffed Baby Portobello Mushrooms will be the hit of your next party or event!
- 16 oz baby portabella mushrooms
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 bell pepper diced
- 4 roma tomato seeded & diced
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 tbsp fresh basil chopped
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 3/4 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, peppers, and garlic and saute for 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper. Remove from heat and place ingredients in a bowl and cool.
- Fold in shredded mozzarella and basil.
- Place lightly oiled mushrooms on a baking sheet. Fill mushroom caps with a generous amount of mixture. Sprinkle with bread crumbs and Parmesan. Place in oven and bake for 20 minutes, or until filling is hot and mushrooms begin to soften. Serve hot.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.