Consider yourself warned… these strawberry muffins are decadent! They are a cross between a muffin and the best cupcake you’ve ever had! They are dense and hearty like a muffin but sweet like a cupcake.
Because they are a hybrid of sorts, these muffins can be served for a special breakfast (think weekends, birthdays, or holidays) or dessert.
Of course, kids love them just as much as parents! And because they are easy to make, kids can help whip them up, too. It’s a fun way to get them excited about eating strawberries.
- 1 lb strawberry chopped
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup sugar granulated
- 6 tbsp turbinado sugar aka raw or cane sugar
- 2 egg
- 1-1/2 cups butter unsalted, melted
- 1/2 cup milk I recommend using whole milk
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt, and granulated sugar.
- Put eggs, butter, milk, and vanilla in a bowl and beat with an electric mixer. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients. Fold in the strawberry chunks. Fill muffin tins 2/3 full with batter. Sprinkle turbinado sugar on top of each. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes, until browned and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
RELATED: 8 ways to preserve strawberries
What did you think of this recipe for strawberry muffins? Share your review in the comments below.
Find more delicious strawberry recipes on our Strawberry Pinterest Board!