Grilling Romaine Lettuce: Grilled Caesar Salad
Did you know that Romaine Lettuce is great for grilling? It’s true! Try grilling romaine lettuce with parmesan and asiago cheeses, breadcrumbs, and Caesar dressing for a new spin on Caesar Salad. It’s perfect for summertime!
- 1 romaine lettuce heart
- 1 tbsp caeser dressing
- Parmesan cheese shredded, to taste
- asiago cheese to taste
- panko bread crumbs to taste
- Slice Romaine Heart in half lengthwise. Spread dressing on the open-faced side of the romaine heart.
- Sprinkle with cheese & breadcrumbs. Lay the romaine face-down on a preheated grill pan. Allow it to cook for 3-5 minutes, until cheese is browned & lettuce begins to wilt.
- Transfer romaine hearts, cut side up, to plates. Using tongs, scrape up the melted cheese from the grill & place on top of romaine.
Have you tried grilling romaine lettuce? If not, will you give it a try? Let us know in the comments below.