Roasted Sweet Baby Broccoli & Lemon with Parmesan Pecan Gremolata
This recipe is sponsored by Josie’s Organics
Although baby broccoli is much smaller than broccoli, they offer the same nutritional benefits. Baby broccoli is a hybrid of broccoli and kai-lan, which is also known as Chinese broccoli or Chinese kale. It grows smaller, slender stalks, each topped with a small floret. Baby broccoli is typically sweeter than broccoli, and the stalks are more tender, allowing it to cook faster than broccoli.
This sweet baby broccoli recipe is adopted from our wonderful partner, Josie’s Organics. It is sweet, crumbly, and sure to turn any broccoli hater into a lover. Your kids will love it too! Serve as a side dish to any lunch or dinner entree.
For the broccoli
- 1 bunch sweet baby broccoli washed and trimmed, leaves removed, chopped and set aside
- 1 lemon cut into 1/8 inch slices
- 2 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- kosher salt to taste
- black bepper to taste
For the gremolata
- 3/4 cup pecan toasted and finely chopped
- 4 large cloves garlic minced
- 1 large lemon zested
- 1/2 cup (packed) parsley Italian flat leaf, finely chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter melted
- 1/2 tbsp kosher salt add more to taste if needed
- 1/2 tsp black pepper freshly ground
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place sweet baby broccoli and lemon slices on a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Roast until tender and slightly browned, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and place on a platter or in a shallow serving dish.
- While sweet baby broccoli is roasting, mix together broccoli leaves, pecans, garlic, lemon zest, parsley, Parmesan, salt and pepper. Drizzle lemon juice and melted butter over mixture and mix well.
- Sprinkle gremolata over sweet baby broccoli and lemon slices, and serve!
This is such a fun and tasty spin on baby broccoli. I’m going to have to try it tonight. Who’s with me?!