Feb 28, 2013, Updated Aug 09, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Everyone loves carrots, right?! I am not lying when I say that carrots are in my fridge 365 days a year – we eat nearly 2lbs of baby carrots a week at my house! My youngest son is super obsessed & has been known to eat carrots for breakfast, lunch AND dinner! But I’ll admit, I get burnt out easily on raw baby carrots. I’m not a fan of dousing my veggies in ranch dip or cheese to make them more appealing, either. In an effort to entice myself to eat more veggies, specifically carrots, I started experimenting with marinating carrots to get that tangy & sweet pickle effect. I perfected this recipe with the help of my dear friend Chef Concetta. We hope you enjoy it! It’s easy & if you like dill… you are going to LOVE my Pickled Carrots!
- 2 lbs baby carrot
- 4 oz radish sliced
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- .75 oz dill fresh
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp peppercorns
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add carrots & garlic and blanch for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a stainless steel bowl halfway with ice water. Remove the carrots & garlic with a wire strainer or slotted spoon & place in ice bath to cool.
- Divide the vegetables, dill & peppercorns among 2 mason jars.
- Bring the water, cider vinegar, sugar & kosher salt to boil over medium-high heat. Boil until the sugar & salt dissolves. Pour the liquid into the jars & cover vegetables.
- Cover/seal with lids and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy within 14 days.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Pickled Carrots are one of my very favorites. Enjoy!
xoxo Produce Mom