Everyone loves carrots, right?! I am not lying when I say that carrots are in my fridge 365 days a year – we eat nearly 2lbs of baby carrots a week at my house! My youngest son is super obsessed & has been known to eat carrots for breakfast, lunch AND dinner! But I’ll admit, I get burnt out easily on raw baby carrots. I’m not a fan of dousing my veggies in ranch dip or cheese to make them more appealing, either. In an effort to entice myself to eat more veggies, specifically carrots, I started experimenting with marinating carrots to get that tangy & sweet pickle effect. I perfected this recipe with the help of my dear friend Chef Concetta. We hope you enjoy it! It’s easy & if you like dill… you are going to LOVE my Pickled Carrots!
- 2 lbs baby carrot
- 4 oz radish sliced
- 1 medium red onion sliced
- .75 oz dill fresh
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp peppercorns
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat. Add carrots & garlic and blanch for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a stainless steel bowl halfway with ice water. Remove the carrots & garlic with a wire strainer or slotted spoon & place in ice bath to cool.
- Divide the vegetables, dill & peppercorns among 2 mason jars.
- Bring the water, cider vinegar, sugar & kosher salt to boil over medium-high heat. Boil until the sugar & salt dissolves. Pour the liquid into the jars & cover vegetables.
- Cover/seal with lids and refrigerate overnight. Enjoy within 14 days.
Pickled Carrots are one of my very favorites. Enjoy!
xoxo Produce Mom