May 11, 2014, Updated May 09, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Pear Pastry takes some time and effort, but they are worth it! Try for yourself and see!
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 2 tbsp plum wine
- 3 sheets phyllo dough
- 1/4 cup butter unsalted
- 1/3 cup dried coconut lightly toasted
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts chopped
- 1 1/2 cups Asian pears peeled and diced
- 1 tsp Meyer lemon zested
- 1 tsp Meyer lemon juiced
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar for dustin
- Place cranberries in a bowl and stir in the wine. Cover and soak overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Lay the phyllo sheets out on the table and paint them with the butter. Next stack them on top of each other. Next spread a thin layer of coconut over the sheets.
- In a bowl, mix together the nuts and the next 6 ingredients. Add the cranberries and mix well. Place the filling along the long edge of the pastry. If you have any extra, you can use it as garnish later. Roll the dough up as tightly as possible remembering to fold over the ends to seal the pastry.
- Place the roll on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper. Brush the top with melted butter and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake until golden brown.
- When done, remove from the oven and allow to cool. To serve, slice the pastry, plate it and dust it with powered sugar.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.