Low Carb Cheeseburger Salad
Jan 11, 2022, Updated Jan 30, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Tanimura & Antle.
Salads can be boring. We find ourselves in a rut eating the same boring salad over and over again. Switch up your salad recipes with this Low Carb Cheeseburger Salad. It uses Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Lettuce and ground turkey burgers made on the grill!
Can Turkey Burgers be Healthy?
Turkey burgers are a great substitute for beef burgers are they are generally lower in saturated fats and healthier for your heart. If you are on a keto or low carb diet, Turkey Burgers are a great option to put on your meal plan as they are a lower calorie option, contain amino acids which your body needs to build muscle, and also provide protein, vitamins, and minerals.
How to Make A Low Carb Cheeseburger Salad
We are using whole Turkey Burgers that we then diced up. If you don’t feel like grilling or even making the patties, you can cook the ground turkey in a skillet with salt and pepper, along with any of your favorite seasonings. Then instead of placing a turkey burger over the salad, split the ground turkey mixture evenly across the tops of the salads.
Below Are the Ingredients You’ll Need:
- ground turkey – you can also use ground beef if you prefer
- Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Lettuce – a bespoke and thoughtful lettuce assortment that is altogether buttery, crispy and consistently fresh while pleasing on the plate
- Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Red Onion – supple and bright, fragrant but not overpowering in flavor, tender with a crunch
- dill pickles – I find it easier to split the dill pickles in half and then quarter them
- avocado – read on How To Select and Store Your Avocados
- cherry tomatoes – if you are on a low carb or keto diet you may want to omit these depending on your macros
- shredded cheddar cheese – you can also use mozzarella, provolone or swiss if you have those on hand
- mayo, dijon mustard, pickle juice and ketchup make up the dressing
How to Make A Low Carb Cheeseburger Salad with Ground Turkey
In a large bowl, combine the ground turkey (or ground beef if that’s what you are using), salt and pepper. Gently form into 4 patties and set aside.
Cook the ground turkey patties on a grill for approximately 4-5 minutes per side.
After flipping the patties, add the Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Red Onion to the grill. Cook for the remaining 4-5 minutes and flip onions halfway through. Allow the patties to rest for 5-10 minutes. Then, cut each patty into bite-size pieces.
Combine Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Lettuce, chopped pickles, grilled Tanimura & Antle Sweet Red Onion rings, cubed avocado and halved tomatoes in a large bowl.
In a separate bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients. Tip from The Produce Moms: make the dressing in a mason jar to dirty fewer dishes and for storing leftover dressing,
Divide the salad among 4 plates, top each with cheese and chopped patty pieces. Drizzle with ¼ of the dressing.
How to Store Leftover Low Carb Cheeseburger Salad
Should you be using this recipe to meal prep or simply have leftovers, we recommend storing the turkey separately from the salad. You can put the salad together in an airtight container, place the leftover turkey in a separate container and store your dressing separately. The dressing will make the salad soggy and unenjoyable. We love having warm meat on salads, so pop the leftover turkey in the microwave for about a minute to heat it back up before placing it on your salad.
Here are a few more salad recipes you may like:
- Greek Salad Kabobs
- Southwestern Quinoa Salad
- Tropical Avocado and Strawberry Salad
- Apple, Sweet Potato & Turkey Salad
Low Carb Cheeseburger Salad
For the Salad:
- 1 pound Lean ground turkey
- Pinch of salt & ground pepper
- 4 cups Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Lettuce chopped
- 1 Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Red Onion sliced into rings
- 4 dill pickle spears chopped
- 1 avocado cubed
- 8-10 cherry tomatoes halved
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
For the Dressing:
- 1/4 cup light mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon dill pickle juice
- 1 T ketchup
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, salt and pepper. Gently form into 4 patties and set aside.
- Cook ground turkey patties on a grill for around 4-5 minutes per side. After flipping the patties, add the Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Red Onion to the grill. Cook for the remaining 4-5 minutes and flip onions halfway through. Allow patties to rest for 5-10 minutes and then cut each patty into bite-size pieces.
- Combine Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Lettuce, chopped pickles, grilled Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Sweet Red Onion rings, cubed avocado and halved tomatoes in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Divide the salad among 4 plates, top each with cheese and chopped patty pieces. Drizzle with ¼ of the dressing.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Why We Love Tanimura & Antle
The Tanimura & Antle mission reads, “It is our life’s work to consistently provide our customers fresh and healthy premium produce with superior customer service that meets and exceeds their quality and value expectations.” Their commitment to premium quality produce, food safety, innovation and automation makes them a true industry leader.
The original Tanimura & Antle farms are located in the Salinas Valley, but their growing operations now spread across California, Arizona, and even Tennessee! California ranches in Castroville, Soledad, the Imperial Valley, Oxnard, and Huron as well as Yuma, Arizona follow the sun and produce premium vegetables at different times of the year. Meanwhile, state-of-the-art greenhouse farms in Livingston, Tennessee bolster produce availability year-round.
Utilizing each of these farms, Tanimura & Antle ensures a continuous supply of fresh, safe, high-quality produce for every customer. But they don’t want to simply meet these priorities – they want to exceed them. With Tanimura & Antle, you know you are getting quality veggies grown with care.
Tanimura & Antle Artisan® Lettuces and Vegetables
These one-of-a-kind vegetables are unique varieties grown from select seeds. Grown with expert care and attention, this line of craft veggies is perfect for those special occasions when you’re cooking to impress. The Tanimura & Antle Artisan® line of vegetables includes Artisan Sweet Broccoli, Artisan Sweet Red Onions, Artisan Romaine, Artisan Sweet Gem and Artisan Lettuce, a four-head variety pack of petite lettuces.
We know you expect the finest. As a proud employee-owned farming operation, Tanimura & Antle cultivates the very best in their people and distinct products. With a deep commitment to caring for others and the environment, they know it’s personal. Tanimura & Antle’s handcrafted and developed practices come from years of experience and innovation. And they bring you the Artisan family of premium fresh produce – the freshest, most versatile, highest-quality products that are perfectly sized and just right for you…a true masterpiece!