Leprechaun Veggie Tray
Mar 15, 2022, Updated Mar 20, 2023
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This Leprechaun Veggie Tray will make everyone feel a little more Irish on St. Patrick’s Day! Not only is this veggie tray filled with nutritious and delicious fresh vegetables, but it will be the perfect centerpiece for your St. Paddy’s gathering.
Let the Kids In the Kitchen
This Leprechaun Veggie Tray is a great way to get the kids in the kitchen! There is no doubt that they will want to take part in building out this lucky little leprechaun. And our hope is that they will snack on some fresh veggies along the way! The more we allow our kids to help, the more likely they are to eat something. We guarantee the kids will feel like the lucky ones after creating their own leprechaun.
Ingredients for the Leprechaun Veggie Tray
- Bell Peppers – you will need red, green, orange and yellow – learn how to cut a bell pepper here
- Black Olives – you will need some whole and some sliced
- Broccoli – you will want to break down the broccoli florets
- Carrots – you will need to use carrot chips to build out the leprechaun beard
- Cauliflower – you will break down the cauliflower florets as a background behind the leprechaun hat
- Cherry Tomato – you will use this for the nose
- Cucumbers – you will need to slice into rounds to help build out the leprechaun hat
- Crackers – you will use these a base to the beard
- Hummus – you will keep the hummus in the container and use as the face of the leprechaun
How to Make the Leprechaun Veggie Tray
Wash and prep all of your vegetables.
On a tray, place the hummus in the center as the face. Build out the leprechaun hat using cauliflower and broccoli florets. Place black olives as the hat band. Use cucumber to finish off the sides of the leprechaun hat.
Next, you will build the leprechaun face in the hummus. You will use teh cucumber rounds as the eyes, top with sliced black olives. Use a cherry tomato as the nose. Create the mouth with whole black olives. Finish the face with a slice of the carrot coins as the eyebrows.
Finally, you will finish off the leprechaun tray by making the beard. Use crackers as the base. Cover the crackers with the carrot coins to complete the leprechaun veggie tray.
You can also add some special touches to your leprechaun veggie tray. We added a rainbow of bell peppers in the top right. We also used a small square cut out of yellow bell pepper as the hat buckle. Be creative, and make it your own!
Other Fun St. Patrick’s Day Food Art
Did you make this leprechaun veggie tray? Share and tag us on Instagram @theproducemoms.
Leprechaun Veggie Tray
- 4 Bell Peppers, 1 yellow, 1 green, 1 orange and 1 red sliced
- 1 head Broccoli
- 1 head Cauliflower
- 1 bag Carrot Coins
- 4 oz Whole black olives you will create a few sliced black olives
- 1 tub Hummus
- 1 Cucumber sliced
- 1 Cherry tomato
- Wash and prep all of your veggies.
- Using a tray, place the hummus tub in the center and use as face.
- Start with the build out of the hat using the cauliflower and broccoli florets. Use the cucumbers to complete the build out of the hat.
- Create the face of the leprechaun Use the cucumbers as the eyes with sliced olives on top. The cherry tomato will be the nose. Use the whole black olives to create a mouth. Cut a small piece of the carrot coins and place as the eyebrows.
- Build out the beard of the leprechaun by adding crackers below the hummus below. Top with the carrot coins fo finish the look.
- Add your own special touches. You can add more veggies or create a rainbow using the bell pepper slices.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.