Increase Produce Consumption and Decrease Food Waste with NatureSeal
Today’s blog is sponsored by NatureSeal®. They sent me samples of their consumer products & compensated me for my time associated with this review. The opinions are my own.
The Produce Mom® very rarely accepts offers for sponsored product reviews & blog posts, but I have a long history with NatureSeal – I sold it for nearly 10 years to grocery stores & fresh cut produce facilities. I’m thrilled to see them expand their offerings to serve the home kitchen and consumers like you & I.
NatureSeal is an especially awesome product at this time of year because of all the entertaining we do with food! NatureSeal allows you to prep fresh produce in advance without the unappetizing oxidation/browning of your fruits and vegetables… check out the videos below to learn more!
• Blend of vitamins & minerals
• Inhibits Browning & maintains texture in fresh-cut produce
• Does not alter the flavor of fruits & vegetables
• Developed by the USDA
• Sold in 45 countries
Facts about Fresh Cut Produce:
• Fresh Cut produce is more readily consumed than whole produce by 61.8% (SOURCE)
• Doesn’t brown when packed in lunchboxes
• American Households throw away 40% of the food that is purchased for at-home consumption
• Fresh Fruits & Vegetables account for 22% of total food loss in the United States, a higher percentage than any other category of food. (SOURCE)
Facts about My Personal Usage of NatureSeal:
• I use NatureSeal to prepare fresh cut apple & pear slices for my children
• I use NatureSeal when doing food prep for my IndyStyle cooking segments – my cut produce always looks great on the camera! It’s so convenient to cut produce in advance without the worries of browning/oxidation.
• I have never “tasted” NatureSeal on my fresh cut produce – the claim that it does not alter the flavor of fruits & vegetables is a fact.
• I am more likely to snack on fresh produce when it is available in the fresh cut form in my refrigerator.
NatureSeal is conveniently available for purchase online via both NatureSeal.com & Amazon.com. If you have any questions about this product, I am happy to answer them for you or connect you directly with NatureSeal. I do trust this product & use it often in both my personal and professional life.
Happy Holidays to you all! Ease some of the stress associated with entertaining by prepping your produce in advance & keep it looking and tasting fresh with NatureSeal 🙂
xoxo Produce Mom