Elote Salad (aka Mexican Street Corn Salad)
Elote Corn Salad is a summertime must-have!
Elote or Mexican Street Corn is a treat for the tastebuds! We’ve turned this beloved dish into a delicious salad. Elote Salad, or Mexican Street Corn Salad, is a quintessential dish for any summer gathering.
Elote Corn is corn on the cob that has been roasted on a grill and coated with mayo (or crema fresca), chili powder, and cojita cheese. (See our Elote Corn recipe here). Of course, our Elote Salad incorporates all of these flavors but we also added a few ingredients to take the deliciousness factor to a whole new level!
Start by preparing several ears of corn elote-style. Then, remove the corn kernels from the cob. Next, toss the corn kernels with the other ingredients: jalapeño, red bell pepper, red onion, cilantro, lime juice, smoked paprika, and chili powder. Lastly, top the salad with a generous amount of cojita cheese.
PRODUCE MOMS TIP: Learn how to shuck corn like a boss!
- 6 ears corn husks and silk removed
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 jalapeno seeded and finely chopped
- 1/4 red bell pepper seeded and finely diced
- 1/2 small red onion finely diced
- 1 lime juice only
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1/4 tsp smoked paprika
- cojita cheese to taste
- On a grill or in a grill pan, prepare the corn elote-style: Coat corn cobs with butter and mayo and grill. Rotate frequently and cook until all sides are golden brown. Remove from grill plan. Remove corn kernels from cob.
- Toss the corn kernels and remaining ingredients together in a large bowl. Top with cojita cheese and serve.
Be sure to add corn on the cob to your next grocery list and give Elote Salad a try. It’s the perfect side to any summer meal and a must-have at summer barbecues and cookouts.
Do you love Mexican Street Corn? Give this salad a try and tag us in your photos on Instagram @theproducemoms.
Looking for another quintessential summer salad? Give Watermelon and Cucumber Salad a try!