Dragon Egg Soup | A Spooky Halloween Punch
May 11, 2014, Updated Jun 03, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A Spooky Halloween Punch Recipe to Scare Your Party Guests!
Dragon Egg Soup, starring cactus pear, rambutan, and longans, is the perfect beverage for your Halloween party. Exotic fruits give this Halloween punch an otherworldly taste and appearance that is equal parts spooky and inviting.
This punch is a really fun way to encourage your kids to try out new fruits. Kids are much more likely to try foods that have fun names or are served in a silly way. After Halloween is over, you might be surprised to find your kiddos requesting rambutans or longans at the grocery store!
PRODUCE MOM TIP: The more rambutans and longans you use, the spookier the effect!
Dragon Egg Soup
- 10 cactus pears
- 2 cups apple cider
- 2 cups sparkling water
- 6 rambutans
- 6 longans
- Wearing gloves, slice the skins off the cactus pears and discard.
- Purée the cactus pears and 1 cup of the apple cider in a food processor or blender.
- Press the purée through a fine strainer into a bowl to catch the juice.
- You should get approximately 3 cups of liquid. Discard the dry seeds and pulp.
- In a punch bowl, combine the cactus pear mixture with the sparkling water and the remaining apple cider.
- Slice the skin off the longans and rambutans and add the fruit to the punch bowl.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.