Chocolate Covered Pear Waffle Cone
It doesn’t get much tastier than a big scoop of ice cream in an ice cream cone. But what if we found a way to avoid the guilt of eating an ice cream cone?! Ice cream cone, meet pear. Pear, meet ice cream cone. Who would have ever thought that putting a pear into an ice cream cone would be so delicious!
Substituting ice cream for a pear makes this treat much healthier, yet still contains enough sweet ingredients to get your dessert fix 🙂
With this pear dessert, you don’t even have to cut the pear at all!
- 3 pear your variety of choice
- 8 oz chocolate for melting
- toppings sprinkles, crushed cookies, nuts, candy bits
- 3 waffle cones
- Melt the chocolate per instructions on package, being careful not to burn it
- Holding the pear by the neck (the skinny part near the top/stem), roll the body & bottom of the pear in the melted chocolate
- Cover with toppings
- Place the pear, neck side down, inside a waffle cone
- Voila! That’s it! What a fun and healthy dessert 🙂
See how I make them in the video below, during my appearance on WISH-TV’s Indy Style morning show!