Cherry Bonbon Cookies
Cherry season celebrations continue… and nothing celebrates the season, or anything for that matter, like a good cookie! 🙂 You are going to LOVE the Northwest Cherries Bonbon Cookies!
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1-1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 large egg
- 1-1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 tsp cherry flavoring (optional)
- 48 cherries pitted (I recommend Northwest fresh sweet cherries)
- 6 oz chocolate chips semi-sweet
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- Combine flour and cocoa; set aside.
- With electric mixer, beat butter, sugar, and baking powder until blended. Add egg, vanilla, and cherry flavoring; beat until well combined. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls, place 1/2 -inch apart on ungreased baking sheet. Press down center of each ball with thumb to create a small hollow, fill each center with a cherry. Heat oven to 350°F.
- In a small pan over low heat, combine chocolate chips and condensed milk, heat until chocolate is melted. Spoon about 1 teaspoon chocolate mixture over each cherry, spreading to cover cherry.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes or until done. Remove to wire racks and cool.