Ancient Grain Salad with Blueberries
North Bay Produce is a member of The Produce Moms family of partners.
A protein-packed, nutrient-dense salad that will keep you full all day.
Looking for a salad you can eat at lunch that keeps you full until dinner? Packed with protein, Ancient Grain Salad with Blueberries will keep hunger at bay and protect you from an afternoon snack attack.
This savory salad is balanced by bursts of sweetness courtesy of blueberries and red grapes. Crisp green apples, celery, and walnuts add a satisfying crunch. Drizzled with a honey-mint dressing and sprinkled with gorgonzola cheese, this salad is sure to please all your taste buds!
Adding a handful of blueberries to a salad is always a good idea.
Blueberries aren’t just delicious, they are nutrient-dense. In fact, they contain some of the highest levels of antioxidants of any fruit. They are a great source of vitamin C and a good source of vitamin E, vitamin B6, manganese, thiamin, riboflavin, and copper. The antioxidants and flavonoids contained in blueberries have been shown to neutralize free radicals, reduce inflammation, and reduce risk of cognitive decline and dementia. Sweet and juicy, blueberries pair well with just about any salad ingredient. Keep them stocked in your fridge and add a handful to any salad, not just this one!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp honey mustard
- 1/4 tsp fresh thyme
- 1/4 tsp fresh mint chopped
- 2 cups quinoa, farro, or hard wheatberries cooked
- 2 tbsp Green Onions whites and greens chopped
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup red grapes halved
- 1/2 cup green apple chopped
- 1/4 cup celery diced
- 1/4 cup bacon crisply cooked and crumbled
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup gorgonzola cheese crumbled
- 8 oz baby spinach
- Add salad ingredients into a large bowl except walnuts, cheese, and spinach. Toss to combine.
- For dressing, combine ingredients in a jar with a tight-fitting lid and shake well to combine.
- Pour dressing over salad and mix well. Top with walnuts and cheese. Serve over spinach.
You can always count on North Bay Produce to bring the very best blueberries to market, year-round. Their growers and staff are committed to consistently delivering high-quality fresh produce. Customer satisfaction is at the heart of their business. Meet some of North Bay’s growers here. Be sure to look for North Bay Produce blueberries when shopping for ingredients to make this salad and taste for yourself just how yummy they are!
Want even more tasty recipes? Download Cooking With Panache: Produce Perfection, a free cookbook from North Bay Produce. It includes 32 full-flavored recipes, from salads to desserts.
Do you ever add blueberries to your salads? Share your blueberry salad recipes with The Produce Moms community in the comments below.