Pico de gallo is Spanish for “the little things the chicken eats.” But it’s really a fresh, delicious topping made with onions, cilantro, peppers and even fruits. This tropical pico de gallo is full of Caribbean flavors that will make you feel like you’re on vacation!
They key to perfect pico de gallo is it to chop the ingredients very small. Tropical Avocados have a slightly firmer texture, and are perfect for dicing and slicing. For best results, use mangos that are semi- ripe and not too juicy.
This recipe calls for half a Tropical Avocado. Don’t worry! The other half will keep in the refrigerator for up to a day with little to no browning (oxidation), so you can enjoy it later without sacrificing freshness!
Pico de gallo is so versatile! Try this tropical pico de gallo:
- As a dip for tortilla or pita chips
- On top of scrambled eggs, quiche and frittatas
- Spooned over avocado toast
- Mixed into pasta, rice, quinoa and zoodles
- As an accompaniment for tacos, quesadillas and burritos
- Dolloped on burgers, steak, chicken or fish
Learn more about Tropical Avocados here.