This Watermelon Cooler recipe is all kinds of fizzy goodness! It does take a bit of effort to make, but the result is worth it!
This recipe is good to keep on hand for times when your stomach is upset. If your stomach is feeling uneasy the ginger in this drink will help settle it down.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tbsp ginger root chopped
- 6 cups watermelon cubed
- 1 cup lime juice freshly squeezed
- 32 oz ginger ale
- ice cubes as needed
- Place water and sugar in a sauce pot and bring to low simmer to dissolve sugar. Set aside.
- In batches, puree watermelon and fresh ginger and strain through a fine sieve into a large pitcher.
- When cooled, add sugar water.
- Stir in lime juice and ginger ale.
- Pour over fresh ice and serve.
Stay cool and enjoy!