Undercover Sweet Potato Brownies
Jul 09, 2018, Updated May 25, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Secretly Nutritious & Delicious Brownies!
Wada Farms sponsored this sweet potato brownie recipe.
It’s important to treat yourself every now and again. Brownies may never be a health food *sigh* but these brownies contain a secret veggie that makes them more nutritious than most!
Watch the video to see if you can guess what veggie makes these brownies secretly nutritious. Here’s a hint… pay attention to the color!
Did you guess right? Bake sweet potatoes work surprisingly well in brownies. It gives them a nice gooey texture yet the flavor is still chocolate-y, just like a brownie should be!
It can be tough to get in enough veggies. Sweet potato brownies are just one more creative way to eat more vegetables. Dessert doesn’t have to be completely unhealthy. If you’re going to indulge, indulge smartly!
Undercover (Sweet Potato) Brownies
- 1-1/2 cup baked sweet potato mashed or pureed
- 1 cup nut butter
- 1 Tbsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tbsp baking soda
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips plus extra for the top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 9x9 pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together baked sweet potato puree, nut butter, and vanilla. Add the sugar, baking soda, and flour and stir to combine. Add the cocoa powder and chocolate chips. Stir to combine.
- Place batter into your lined pan and top with remaining chocolate chips. Bake for 20 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes before serving.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Do you sometimes sneak veggies into dessert? Tell us how!