Apr 01, 2013, Updated Dec 22, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
It’s Artichoke Season! And this fiber powerhouse is one of my very favorite foods! We will have a few blogs coming up about artichokes & the various ways to prepare them. This yummy stuffed artichoke was something Chef Concetta & I made last week in the test kitchen. I also served it over the weekend at my family’s Easter dinner… rave reviews all around.
- 3 jumbo artichoke
- 2 lemon
- 1.5 cups bread crumbs dried
- 1 cup parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese grated
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 2 tsp granulated garlic
- 4 tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Rinse the artichokes in cold water. Zest the 2 lemons & set aside. Juice the lemons in a large bowl & fill with ice cold water.
- Slice off the top 1″ of the artichokes, to just expose the heart. Remove the stem by slicing off completely, creating a flat base so the artichoke can stand upright. Using a spoon, melon baller or grapefruit spoon, scoop out the fuzzy “choke” in the center of the artichoke. Place the cleaned/cored artichoke in the bowl of acidulated water.
- Combine bread crumbs, cheeses, parsley, lemon zest, garlic & olive oil in a large bowl & mix well.
- Remove the artichokes from the water & place in an oven proof baking dish. Fill each artichoke with equal amounts of stuffing. Pour an inch of water into the bottom of the dish. Cover with foil & place in oven for 45 minutes, until bottom of artichoke is tender.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.