Baked Stuffed Artichokes
Jun 15, 2015, Updated May 28, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Artichokes can be somewhat intimidating, but once you figure out how to prepare them, a whole new world of opportunities open up! Below is a stuffed artichokes recipe, because everything is better stuffed! We’ve spelled out the step-by-step process for preparing your artichoke, which should eliminate any confusion you may have. It’s totally worth the effort, cause these stuffed artichokes are SO YUMMY!
Serve them as an appetizer, afternoon snack, or side dish with a meat or pasta at dinnertime. Your family will be so impressed with this dish, and it will help them become more of a veggie lover in the process!
- 3 artichoke jumbo
- 2 lemon
- 1 1/2 cups bread crumbs dry
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 cup asiago cheese grated
- 1/4 cup parsley chopped
- 2 tsp garlic granulated
- 4 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- salt & pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Rinse artichokes in cold water. Zest the 2 lemons & set aside. Juice the lemons in a large bowl & fill with ice cold water.
- Slice off the top 1" of the artichokes, exposing the heart. Remove the stem by slicing off completely, creating a flat base so the artichoke can stand upright. Scoop out the fuzzy "choke" in the center of the artichoke. Place the clean/cored artichoke in the bowl of acidulated water.
- Combine bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, lemon zest, garlic & olive oil in a large bowl & mix well.
- Remove the artichokes from the water & place in an oven proof baking dish. Fill each artichoke with equal amounts of stuffing. Pour an inch of water into the bottom of the dish. Cover with foil & place in oven for 45 minutes, until bottom of artichoke is tender.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Would you rather cook your artichokes in a Crock-Pot? Learn how to do that here.