- 1 acorn squash green, sliced very thin or diced small
- 1/2 onion sliced thin
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- Organic Grinders Garden Herb with Sea Salt
- rainbow peppercorn
- 1 pizza shell (or your favorite pizza dough recipe)
- 1 jar pasta sauce
- 4 cloves garlic roasted and minced
- 1 jar fire-roasted red bell pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese grated
- basil as needed
- Fill a medium size sauce pot with water. Bring to a boil and add the squash. Boil for 2 or 3 minutes to partially cook the squash. Immediately shock the squash in ice water.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a large sauté pan, add the onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook the onions until they achieve a caramel color. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Paint the pizza crust with the pasta sauce. Layer the pizza crust with the garlic, bell peppers, squash and onions. Sprinkle the cheese over the pizza. If you are using a pre-cooked pizza dough, bake until warmed through and the cheese is melted. If you are using a fresh dough, cook 15 – 20 minutes or until desired crispness.
- When full heated/cooked, cut fresh basil into ribbons and sprinkle over the pizza.
Recipe and photo provided by Melissa’s – http://www.melissas.com
xoxo Produce Mom