Southwestern Quinoa Salad
Recipe courtesy of our brand partner, Peri & Sons.
This gluten-free side dish makes a nice alternative to a heavy pasta salad and, being mayo-free, makes a great dish to take to a picnic or pot-luck where it might sit out for awhile. It stores well, covered and refrigerated, for up to three days.
- 1 cup quinoa cooked according to package directions
- 1 14.5 oz can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 14.5 oz can corn kernels rinsed and drained
- 2 avocados just ripe - peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro or parsley chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 4 limes juice only
- 1 clove garlic mashed into a paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- Combine all dressing ingredients in a lidded glass jar. Cover and shake well to combine.
- Combine all salad ingredients in a large serving bowl. Fold gently to combine. Add dressing and fold again, being careful not to break up the avocado, to combine. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 4 before serving.
Peri & Sons are dedicated to bringing safe, nutritious, no-GMO onions to market, in an environmentally responsible way, while also making a positive impact on the social and economic well-being of their employees and local communities. Learn more about their products and mission at periandsons.com