Slow Cooker Chicken, Rice and Celery Soup
This post is sponsored by Duda Farm Fresh Foods
A hearty & nourishing soup that is weeknight-friendly and guaranteed to fill you up.
You know those comfort food recipes that just feel like home? This is one of those recipes. Slow Cooker Chicken, Rice, and Celery Soup is best described as feel good food. It’s warm and hearty and perfect for cozy family dinners. This is a recipe your kids will love and remember as an essential part of their childhood.
On practice nights, pack this soup up in a Thermos and take it to the ballpark with you. It’s great for early fall nights when a slight chill is starting to form in the air. This recipe serves 4-6 but it’s easy to double if you want to take and share with the team.
This recipe takes an amazing 15 minutes of prep time! Take a few minutes in the morning to throw the ingredients into your slow cooker before heading off to work or the school drop-off line. On the high setting the soup will be ready in 3-4 hours. Or cook on low for 6-8 hours. Once the soup is finished cooking, all that’s left is to add the cooked rice and garnish with parsley and parmesan cheese.
The slow cooker ensures the chicken and veggies will be tender and cooked to perfection. With Dandy® Celery, you never have to worry about your celery being too stringy. Dandy® Celery Sticks have less strings than other celery brands so you can put the vegetable peeler away—you won’t need it! Dandy® Celery is also Naturally Sweeter & Crispier® and comes pre-washed. And until the end of August, you can enter to win a baseball-themed prize pack from Dandy® that includes an RTIC Soft Pak 20 cooker and a $150 MLPshop.com gift card! Enter here.
- 4 medium fresh boneless, skinless chicken thighs or breasts cut into 1" chunks
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 large Carrots peeled and cut into 1/2 inch rounds
- 2 cups Dandy® Celery Sticks chopped
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp kosher or sea salt more or less to taste
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked rice
- parsley for garnish
- Parmesan cheese for garnish
- In slow cooker, add chicken, olive oil, carrots, celery, broth, salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low for 6 to 8 hrs. or high for 3 to 4 hrs. (or until chicken is done and carrots are tender).
- Add cooked rice and stir to combine. Continue cooking for 10 minutes.
- Put soup in bowls, and garnish with parmesan cheese and parsley.
We hope your family enjoys this classic hearty soup as much as ours do! After you try it, let us know how you liked it in the comments below.
One response to “Slow Cooker Chicken, Rice and Celery Soup”
Great recipe! Simple, quick to prepare, very hearty and delicious. Garnished as you suggested and served with ciabatta bread. Thanks!