Slow Cooker Celery Soup with Bacon
This post is sponsored by Duda Farm Fresh Foods
Simply delicious! Slow Cooker Celery Soup with Bacon is the perfect recipe for busy summer evenings.
Summer days are busy and summer evenings can be downright hectic! That’s why we love this recipe for Slow Cooker Celery Soup with Bacon. Most of the work is done in the morning—before you get off and running. You can sip a cup of coffee while you chop and prepare the ingredients. Multi-tasking… the number one superpower of mothers!
Chop celery, onion, and potatoes into small pieces and mince garlic. Place the chopped vegetables, chicken stock, salt, and pepper in a 3-quart or larger slow cooker. Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
Once you chop your ingredients (it’ll only take you about 10 minutes), the slow cooker will take it from there! About 10 minutes before your family is ready to eat blend the soup, fry up a few slices of bacon, and chop up a bit of parsley. Voilà! Now you have a fabulously delicious dinner to serve your family.
Loaded with veggies, creamy texture, bold summer flavors… what’s not to love?
Let’s talk about the other reason we love this recipe so much… the taste! The celery gives this soup a burst of summer flavor that is lacking in other potato-based soups. And because Dandy® Celery has less strings than other celery brands, the soup blends into a velvety smooth texture. The crispy bacon on top gives just the right amount of crunch and the parsley provides a nice aromatic flavor. Trust us, you’re going to love it!
Dandy® Celery is naturally sweeter and crispier than other celery and it contains less strings! It’s perfect for blended soups like this one.
This is a soup you can feel good about serving to your family. It’s loaded with veggies and full of crisp summer flavors. This recipe can easily be converted to a vegetarian-friendly dish by using vegetable stock in place of chicken stock/broth and skipping the bacon. You can also make it dairy-free by using water or stock instead of milk or cream. No matter how you prepare it, it’s going to be delicious. You really can’t mess this one up!
Slow Cooker Celery Soup with Bacon
- 1 bag celery we recommend Dandy® Snack Celery Sticks
- 1 large yellow onion
- 1 lb small white potatoes
- 3 cloves garlic
- 4 cups chicken stock can also use low-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 tsp salt plus more to taste
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy cream can also use milk, water, or additional stock
- 4 to 6 slices thick-cut bacon
- parsley for garnish
- Chop celery, onion, and potatoes into small, equally sized pieces (about 1/2 inch), and mince garlic. Combine the chopped vegetables, stock, salt, and pepper in a 3-quart or larger slow cooker.
- Cook on LOW for up to 8 hours. While soup is cooking, fry the bacon on the stovetop until crispy and set aside.
- Purée in batches in a blender or use a stick blender directly in the slow cooker.
- Before serving, stir in cream, water, or stock to thin the soup.
- Serve bowls of soup with bacon and parsley for garnish.
Watch and see how easy it is to make our recipe for Slow Cooker Celery Soup with Bacon:
Enter the Dandy® Snack League Sweepstakes!
After you enjoy your bowl of soup, head to the Dandy® website and enter the Dandy® Snack League Sweepstakes. Dandy® is celebrating America’s favorite pastime by giving away baseball themed prize packs all summer long. The sweepstakes ends August 30, 2017 so don’t delay!
Do you have a favorite way to eat celery in the summer? Let us know in the comments below!