Tomatoes on the vine are harvested and ripened on the vine in order to maintain their beautiful appearance and a longer shelf life. Nature Fresh Farms is one of the world’s most outstanding producers of this tasty fresh produce choice. Thanks to their dedication & expertise in greenhouse growing, Tomatoes on the Vine are available year-round for consumers to enjoy! I choose Tomatoes on the Vine with confidence because the flavor is spot-on delicious AND consistent, regardless of the season or month!!!
Try these DELICIOUS Scalloped Tomatoes, adopted from Nature Fresh Farms! A PERFECT recipe for the Fall season & one of my favorites for pitch-ins & potlucks!
Scalloped Tomatoes are easy to make, can be made in advance & reheat well.
- 4 tomato on the vine, sliced
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 cup feta cheese can sub shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups white bread cubed
- 4 tsp basil dried
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium saucepan, sauté onions over medium – high heat until transparent. Add salt, pepper, basil, brown sugar.
- Stir bread into saucepan until well coated.
- Pour mixture into a greased 9 x 13 casserole dish. Layer sliced tomatoes on top.
- Cover with cheese and bake for 35 minutes.