Sautéed Brussels Sprouts
Brussels Sprouts are full of nutritional benefits & are the perfect addition to any meal. Whether you like them roasted, boiled, or steamed, Brussels are the way to go!
I am often told that Brussels Sprouts are the worst vegetable, but here is a recipe that will turn any hater into a lover of this delicious vegetable! Try Sautéed Brussels Sprouts with Bacon and Onions adopted from Peri & Sons Farms as a dish this week.
- 2 1/2 cups brussel sprouts trimmed and quartered
- 4 slices bacon cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 onion diced
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 1 tsp salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Boil sprouts until tender. Drain.
- Cook bacon in skillet over medium heat, stirring, until brown. Remove and drain bacon, leaving 1 tbsp grease in the pan.
- Add oil to pan, then cook sweet onion until soft. Stir in thyme, salt, and pepper.
- Increase heat to medium - high and add sprouts. Cook until warmed through. Remove sprigs.
- Toss with bacon and lemon juice.