This recipe is sponsored by NatureSweet.
Put a savory twist on a classic ingredient by roasting your tomatoes. Juicy and flavorful, these treats add some extra love to any dish you put them in. And we think there are few tomatoes that are better roasted than NatureSweet Eclipses®! These bold tomatoes are bursting with flavor and nutrition. With this simple recipe, you can add Roasted Eclipses to sandwiches, salads, and many more delicious dishes.
How to Make Roasted Tomatoes
Roasting tomatoes is an easy way to add some elegance to a meal, and it’s surprisingly easy to do! Start by mixing your seasonings. You’ll need garlic, salt, pepper, and some sugar to enhance the natural flavor of these bold Eclipse tomatoes.
Once your seasonings are ready, slice the tomatoes into halves or quarters and place them on a sheet pan with the cut side facing upwards. Next, sprinkle them with the seasoning mix and top them off with a drizzle of olive oil and vinegar. It doesn’t matter what type of olive oil you use.
Give the tomatoes about a half hour to cook. When they’re ready, they should be just beginning to caramelize. Pull them out of the oven and add them to your meal!
Ingredients for Roasted tomatoes
- 4 NatureSweet Eclipses®
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 large garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
NatureSweet Is Growing Tomatoes Right
How does NatureSweet grow such delectable tomatoes? By treating their produce, their growers, and our planet right! NatureSweet is committed to using innovative cultivation techniques and sustainable practices to bring their tomatoes to market responsibly. And they do it all while supporting and empowering the people who make it possible, from the farm to the supply chain and beyond.
Hear all about NatureSweet’s commitment to Fair Trade Certified produce in Episode 144 of The Produce Moms Podcast.
Some of Our Favorite NatureSweet Recipes
- Steak and Salad on a Stick
- Baked Feta Pasta
- Burrata and Roasted Tomatoes
- BLT Pizza
- Homemade Bloody Mary Mix
- 4 NatureSweet Eclipses® halved
- 4 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 Large Garlic Cloves minced
- 2 tsp Sugar
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1/2 tsp Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine minced garlic, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Arrange the tomatoes on a sheet pan, cut sides up, in a single layer. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar. Sprinkle seasoning mixture on the tomatoes.
- Roast for 25 to 30 minutes, until the tomatoes are concentrated and beginning to caramelize.
- Add Roasted Eclipses to a sandwich, burger, or salad OR you can enjoy them as a simple side dish for any meal.