Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots
Oct 14, 2021, Updated Nov 01, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
The Produce Moms is proud to partner with the Produce for Better Health (PBH) Foundation to celebrate fall flavors. Fruits and veggies are the perfect canvas for fall flavors, spices, and seasonings, making them more craveable. So go ahead: spice it up and #HaveAPlant!
Having some fun and flavorful parties this season? They won’t be complete without this unique seasonal treat for the grown-ups! Try these Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots at your next autumn get-together. They’ll make a fun addition to the party and also happen to be filled with real pumpkin. And with a slight adjustment, you can make them kid-friendly, too!
How to Make Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots
These Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots look just like their namesake. A plate full of tiny, sweet pumpkin pies is just what your next party needs. Bite-sized pie crusts give these jello shots some crispy and doughy texture, while canned pumpkin and pumpkin pie spice offer a delectable flavor. They’ll make an excellent ending to a meal or the perfect way to get your fall festivities started.
These treats require a little patience, but they’re worth the wait! Jello is easy enough to make using unflavored gelatin and some flavorful fall ingredients. But you’ll also need to bake the pie crusts and give the jello shots time to set.
To give these Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots a little kick, use either white rum or vodka. We prefer white rum for its sweeter flavor, but vodka works just as well. These shots are meant for adult gatherings, but they can easily be made into kid-friendly treats: just leave out the liquor!
Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots
- 2 packages refrigerated premade pie crust enough for two crusts
- 2 packets unflavored gelatin powder
- 1 1/4 cup water divided
- 1/3 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup white rum or vodka
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tbsp heavy cream
- Whipped cream for garnish
- Unroll pie dough and cut into small circles (use a glass to measure small circles). Place circles in a small muffin tin. Bake according to package instructions. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Pour 1 cup water into a medium saucepan and sprinkle gelatin packets over water. Let sit for 2 minutes before turning on heat.
- Turn stove to medium-high heat and add pumpkin pie filling, pumpkin pie spice and sugar. Stir as you add. Allow to simmer and then turn off the heat and set aside to cool.
- Add rum, heavy cream, and an additional 1/4 cup water to the mixture and stir until well combined.
- Pour gelatin mixture into pie crusts and place in the refrigerator overnight or for at least 8 hours.
- Top with whipped cream. Serve and enjoy!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Falling for Autumn Produce Flavors
Cinnamon and nutmeg, pumpkin and apple – this time of year, we’re all about those rich, sweet flavors. From pumpkin pie to apple cider, there are all kinds of delicious foods to choose from that make use of the produce available during fall. And that’s just what the Produce for Better Health Foundation hopes you’ll do!
PBH is dedicated to helping people choose more foods based on fruits and vegetables. With great guides to choosing produce and delicious recipes to choose from, partnering with them was a no-brainer for The Produce Moms. They even have a guide for selecting recipes that use autumn’s seasonal ingredients so it’s easy for you to #HaveAPlant.
Get more tasty fall flavors from PBH and The Produce Moms in our roundup of 15 Recipes to Celebrate Fall!
Were these Pumpkin Pie Jello Shots a hit at your fall party? Did they make a great addition to your Halloween or Thanksgiving get-together or spice up a cool evening? Tell us about it in the comments below!