If you are a fan of pickles and the pickled flavor, this pickled cauliflower recipe is a MUST try. Once sealed in a jar, the pickled cauliflower is good for about two weeks, but it’s so delicious that it most likely won’t last that long before you devour it all! Other vegetables that are great for pickling include carrots, broccoli, and cucumbers of course!
- 2 heads cauliflower florets
- 4 oz radishes sliced
- 1 red onion sliced
- .75 oz fresh dill
- 6 cloves garlic peeled
- 3 cups cider vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 2 tbsp peppercorns
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 3 tbsp kosher salt
- 2 mason jars quart size
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add cauliflower & garlic and blanch for 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, fill a stainless steel bowl halfway with ice water.
- Remove the carrots & garlic with a wire strainer or slotted spoon & place in ice bath to cool.
- Divide the vegetables, dill & peppercorns among the 2 jars.
- Bring the water, cider vinegar, sugar & kosher salt to boil over medium-high heat.
- Boil until the sugar & salt dissolves. Pour the liquid into the jars & cover vegetables.
- Cover/seal with lids and refrigerate overnight.