Sep 21, 2014, Updated Jun 03, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A new generation of Swiss chard, Bright Lights is a vegetable that really proves the saying, ‘We eat with our eyes!’ Its stems are any of a variety of colors from gold and white to orange, pink, and red, and give everything from our salads to pasta dishes a whole new look. Wait ’til you see how it transforms itself in this delicious pesto!
- 2 cups swiss chard Bright Lights, chopped and lightly packed
- 1 lb linguine
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes reconstituted, cut into strips
- Cook the linguine according to the package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, in a blender or food processor, combine all the remaining ingredients except the sun-dried tomatoes; blend until smooth.
- In a large bowl, toss the linguine with the pesto sauce and sun-dried tomatoes. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.