Pear & Walnut Salad
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp lemon juice freshly squeezed
- 1/2 tbsp parsley chopped
- 1 tbsp dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 4 cups arugula torn into pieces
- 2 heads endive Belgian, cut in half & sliced into 1/4 inch strips
- 1 pear halved & sliced
- 1/2 cup walnuts candied
- salt and pepper to taste (white pepper recommended)
- Whisk oil into first four ingredients, add salt and pepper to taste. Cover and chill.
- Let stand at room temperature 1 hour and re-whisk before continuing.
- Mix arugula and endive in large bowl and toss with enough dressing to coat.
- Divide salad on plates and arrange pear slices atop and drizzle with more dressing.
- Sprinkle with candied walnuts and serve.
Recipe and photo provided by Melissa’s – http://www.melissas.com
xoxo Produce Mom