We added fresh pears, cranberries and nuts to traditional coleslaw for a wonderful make-ahead salad!
- 2 pears chopped with peel on (Concorde pears recommended)
- 1 cup mayonnaise light
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 large head cabbage finely chopped
- 1 large carrot grated
- 1/2 cup nuts chopped (toasted walnuts or pecans are good to use)
- 1/2 cup cranberries dried
- In small bowl mix mayonnaise, lemon juice, sugar and buttermilk with wire whisk until well blended. Set aside.
- In large salad bowl combine pears, chopped cabbage, carrots, cranberries and nuts. Add dressing and mix to combine. Cover and chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
This slaw will keep in the refrigerator for days! Recipe provided by Sage Fruit.