Mother’s Day Recipes: Colorful Ideas to Brighten Mom’s Day
We teamed up with our brand partner Salad Savoy Corporation, the home of color, taste & nutrition®, to bring you three great recipes for Mother’s Day.
There’s no one quite like mom! She works hard all year — it’s nearly impossible to count all the things she does for her family. This Mother’s Day, give mom a much needed day off. Let her relax while you take care of things, including preparing a delicious meal.
Salad Savoy Corporation makes creating a beautiful and delicious meal easy. Their products are full of vibrant colors. Salad Savoy®, their namesake veggie, is a relative of kale and cabbage and grows in bright white and violet heads. Multi-Colored Lollipops® Kale Sprouts, a cross between red kale and Brussels sprouts, have a distinct purple and green color that is quite eye-catching.
Both Salad Savoy® and Lollipops® are versatile veggies and can be prepared using just about any method. For our first recipe, we’ll use the grill. For our second, there’s no cooking required at all! And for the third, we’ll use an air fryer. Let’s get started.
First up on the menu is Chicken and Lollipops Kabobs. Pass mom a cocktail while you fire up the grill! Chicken and veggies are a classic kabob combination. The addition of Lollipops elevates this classic to the next level!
- 12 Lollipops® Kale Sprouts
- 1/2 lb chicken breast cubed
- 1 yellow squash sliced into half moons
- 1/2 red onion cut into large pieces
- 1 red bell pepper cut into large pieces
- 1/2 package baby portabella mushrooms
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Old Bay Seasoning to taste
- Combine chicken and vegetables in a large mixing bowl and coat with olive oil. Add seasoning to taste.
- Add chicken and vegetables to skewers.
- Grill kabobs over medium-hot heat for 12-15 minutes, turning occassionally. Remove from heat once chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
You’ll want to serve something alongside the Lollipops and Chicken Kabobs. Salad Savoy Southwestern Slaw is the perfect companion. You can make this recipe ahead of time, so it’s ready to go as soon as the kabobs come off the grill.
Salad Savoy Southwestern Slaw is sweet, tangy and all around delightful! Its southwestern flair is courtesy of the sweet corn, avocado, mangos, chili and chipotle powders. Salad Savoy makes a crunchy and colorful base. This slaw is lighter than most, making it a great choice to serve on a warm Mother’s Day afternoon.
- 2 cups white Salad Savoy thinly sliced
- 2 cups violet Salad Savoy thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 cup Carrots shredded
- 1 mango thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup sweet corn canned or fresh
- 1 avocado cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp whole grain mustard
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp chipotle powder
- 1/4 tsp chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine all the vegetables and fruit in a large mixing bowl.
- In a seperate bowl, whisk together Greek yogurt, mustard, lime juice, honey, chipotle powder, chili powder, salt and pepper.
- Add the dressing mixture to the vegetables and fruit. Gently stir until combined. Refrigerate if not serving immediately.
Add some more crunch to mom’s plate with Air-Fried Salad Savoy Chips. They take minutes to make and seconds to eat. They’re seriously impossible to resist!
These chips are lightly fried and seasoned with sea salt — that’s it! This simple preparation keeps the focus on the mild flavors of Salad Savoy and the satisfying crunch that frying creates. Sometimes, simplicity is best!
Mom will be majorly impressed by this colorful, nutritious, and delicious meal. It’s a great way to show her just how much you care and appreciate her.
Happy Mother’s Day! How will you celebrate mom? Do you plan to cook her a meal? Let us know what you’ll be serving in the comments below.
Learn more about Salad Savoy and get additional recipes, here.