Jan 26, 2015, Updated May 30, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Did you know that Mangos are the world’s most popular fruit? Mangos are grown all around the world year-round to fill family fruit bowls. Full of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, & Dietary fiber, mangos are rich in flavor. They are great as a topping on grilled fish, adding to a salad as a colorful garnish, or enjoying with chips.
How do you when your mango is ripe?
– Don’t judge the fruit by the color – red doesn’t mean ripe!
– Squeeze the mango gently – should “give” slightly.
– To spend up ripening, place mango in a paper bag at room temperature.
– To reduce ripening, place mango in the refrigerator.
Once your mango is ripe, Mango Salsa is the recipe to serve. This quick & easy recipe is the PERFECT appetizer to serve at your Superbowl festivities this weekend!
- 3 mango peeled and diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1 jalapeno chopped
- 3 tbsp cilantro chopped
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- salt & pepper to taste
- Combine ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix well.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Serve and get creative!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Enjoy! Mango Salsa is great to serve at a family gathering, sporting event, or even to pack in the lunch box.