Mango and Lime Whip
May 14, 2014, Updated Jun 04, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Mango & Lime Whip
- 2 lbs mango
- 3 lime
- 1 tbsp sugar or more to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- To prepare mangoes, cut a vertical slice about ¼ inch thick from either side of each stem, clearing the flat stone inside. Set each of these thick slices skin side down and score the flesh in a lattice pattern, cutting through the flesh but not the skin. Holding the mango flesh upward, push the center of the skin with your thumbs to turn it inside out, opening the cut flesh to reveal cubes. Cut the cubes from the skin. Trim remaining flesh from the stone with a knife, discarding skin.
- Grate the zest from the limes. Halve the limes, cut 4-6 thin slices from 1 half, and reserve these for decoration. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lime halves. Puree the mango flesh with the lime zest and juice in a food processor, or work the mango through a sieve and stir in the zest and juice. Stir in sugar to taste.
- Whip the cream until it holds a soft peak. Stir a little into the mango puree to lighten it. Add the puree to the remaining cream and fold together. Taste again, adjusting the amount of sugar and lime juice. Pile the mixture in stemmed glasses and chill at least 2 hours or overnight to mellow the flavors.
- Just before serving, top each fool with a lime slice.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Recipe and photo provided by Melissa’s – http://www.melissas.com