Jun 11, 2022, Updated Aug 02, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Trinity Fruit. The Mandarin Cowboy was originally developed by Cracked Pepper Bistro in Fresno, CA.
If you love a strong-willed cocktail that packs a punch, this mandarin cocktail featuring Squeezed Juice is one for the recipe books! It contains two homemade simple syrups: honey water and ginger syrup that can both be made in under 10 minutes. Add in your favorite whiskey, lemon juice and Squeezed Juice 100% Mandarin Juice to make your new favorite cocktail.
Why we love this mandarin cocktail Recipe
- It utilizes Squeezed Juice 100% Mandarin Juice – it is not from concentrate and there are no adde flavors or sugars!
- This recipe can be made for 1, doubled for 2 or 10x to serve at a party!
- Quick & easy to make.
- Full of flavor.
- Full of nutrients from the Squeezed Juice.
To make this delicious mandarin cocktail, you will need to make the honey water and the ginger syrup. You can double or triple the recipe and store in a Mason jar in the refrigerator to use for several weeks.
How to Make Honey Water
First, in a small pot, add 1 cup of honey along with 1/2 cup of water.
Next, heat on low and allow the honey to dissolve into the water. Simply, combine the honey and the water for consistency. It doesn’t need to be thickened or boiled.
Then, pour in an airtight jar (we used a Mason jar). Allow the honey water to come to room temperature before using.
How to Make Ginger Syrup
First, in a blender add 4-6 pieces of peeled ginger and 1/2 cup of water. Then, blend well.
Next, strain and add the ginger water back into the blender.
Then, add in 1/2 cup of sugar and blend until well combined. It will thicken slightly. Set aside.
Ingredients to Make Mandarin Cocktail
- Whiskey – use your favorite brand or whatever is on hand.
- Squeezed Juice 100% Mandarin Juice- you will love the flavor and nutrients from this 100% mandarin juice. There are no additives or preservatives.
- Lemon juice – you can use a citrus squeezer or just your hands.
- Honey water
- Ginger syrup
- Crushed ginger candy or Sugar in the Raw
After the honey water and ginger syrup are made, it’s time to start mixing your cocktail. First, you will want to cover the rim of your glass. Then, place water on a flat plate and dip the top of the rim into the water. This will help hold the crushed ginger candy or Sugar in the Raw onto the rim of the glass.
Produce Mom TIP: Ensure you remain holding the glass upside down prior to dipping so the water doesn’t run off and leave you with empty spots around the rim.
Next, place the crushed candy or Sugar in the Raw on another plate. Then, dip the glass into the mixture until coated.
Now that the rim looks pretty, build out your mandarin cocktail by placing ice, whiskey, Squeezed Juice 100% Mandarin Juice, lemon juice, honey water and ginger syrup. Then, give it a good stir and enjoy!
Squeezed Juice Is The Better Way
Squeezed Juice is just as the name says: pure juice squeezed from ripe, delicious fruit. It is always fresh, no water added, and never from concentrate. Plus, no additives or preservatives. And, it’s like getting delicious, fresh-squeezed juice from your own backyard fruit tree, but without the hassle. That’s the squeezed way.
Since Squeezed Juice is all-natural, it keeps all its great taste, fiber, vitamins and nutrients. They don’t use concentrate like most other juices. Juice from concentrate means lots of artificial processing that removes the fruit’s water, a lot of its fiber, vitamins and – you guessed it – taste. One taste of Squeezed Juice and you’ll see the difference.
- 3 oz. Whiskey
- 2 oz. Squeezed Juice 100% Mandarin Juice
- 1.5 oz. Lemon juice
- 1 oz. Honey water
- 1 oz. Ginger syrup
- 1 cup Crushed ginger candy or Sugar in the Raw
- Make the honey water and ginger syrup. Directions are in the notes.
- Now that the honey water and ginger syrup are complete, it’s time to start building your drink. Place water on a flat plate and dip the top of the rim into the water. This will help hold the crushed ginger candy or Sugar in the Raw onto the rim of the glass.
- Next, place the crushed candy or Sugar in the Raw on another plate. Dip the glass into the mixture until coated.
- Now that the rim looks pretty, build out your mandarin cocktail by placing ice, whiskey, Squeezed Juice 100% Mandarin Juice, lemon juice, honey water and ginger syrup. Give it a good stir and enjoy!
Strain with a mesh cloth or super fine strainer over a large measuring cup or glass bowl as you will reuse the liquid. Add the ginger water back into the blender.
Next, add in 1/2 cup of sugar and blend until well combined. It will thicken slightly. Set aside. ***The Nutritional Information on this mandarin cocktail is incorrect.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Did you get a chance to try this mandarin cocktail? Share your thoughts in the comments below.