Lime Marinated Onion Salad
Onions are so versatile and can be included in so many recipes. However, the onion is the star in this recipe. Enjoy!
- 1-1/2 lbs onion use large onions
- 2 tbsp lime peel grated
- 8-9 lime to yield 3/4 cup lime juice
- 1 clove garlic peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp black pepper
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped, packed
- salt (optional)
- Peel onions, cut in half and slice thin. Place in large non-metal bowl.
- Grate peel from limes and juice.
- Mix peel, juice, garlic, oil, and pepper and add to onion slices. Mix well, cover and place in refrigerator for a minimum of 30 minutes.
- When ready to serve, toss again, adding chopped cilantro and salt, if desired. Serve chilled.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.