Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Tacos
Jul 25, 2017, Updated Jun 09, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Duda Farm Fresh Foods
Looking for the perfect Taco Tuesday recipe? Look no further! Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Tacos are as delicious as they are easy to make. These tacos are so full of flavor—you’d never guess they take just 20 minutes to make!
How to Make Instant Pot Chipotle Tacos
Begin by spraying a bit of olive oil in your Instant Pot and then turn the setting to “Sauté”. Once hot, throw in your chopped onion and garlic. While the onion and garlic is sautéing, season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper.
Once the onions are translucent and the garlic is fragrant, it’s time to throw in the chicken. Keep the Instant Pot setting on sauté and brown each side of the chicken breasts. Once the chicken is browned, toss in the chipotle chiles, brown sugar, garlic powder, lime juice, cilantro, and chicken broth. Lock the lid and change the setting to “Meat” on high. Set the timer for 13 minutes.
While the chicken is cooking, prepare your taco toppings. Chop up lettuce and tomato and grate the cheese of your choice. Jack cheese or cheddar are particularly delicious on these tacos. Grab your bag of Dandy® Radish MiniSticks™ from the fridge. No need to prep these, all the work has been done for you!
Once your timer goes off, press the quick release and release the pressure from the Instant Pot. Be careful of the steam when opening the lid. Using two forks, shred the chicken in the Instant Pot and mix the chicken with the liquids.
Now it’s time to assemble your tacos! Using tongs, place a bit of chicken in each tortilla and then top with Dandy® Radish MiniSticks™, chopped lettuce, chopped tomato, and cheese. Enjoy!
Instant Pot Chipotle Chicken Tacos
- 3 medium-sized chicken breasts frozen, boneless
- olive oil spray
- 1 medium onion
- 1 tbsp garlic minced
- 2 tbsp chipotle chili
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 small lime
- 1 tbsp cilantro fresh
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 12 6" tortillas
- 1 bag Dandy® Radish MiniSticks™
- 1 cup lettuce chopped
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/2 cup cheese
- With the Instant Pot lid off, set to SAUTE and spray the olive oil until Instant Pot says HOT. Add onion and garlic and cook until the onion is translucent and the garlic is fragrant.
- Season the chicken breasts with salt and pepper and place in the Instant Pot and saute until browned. Add remaining chicken ingredients to Instant Pot. Securely lock the Instant Pot lid and set to MEAT setting for 13 minutes at HIGH.
- Perform a quick release to release pressure when finished cooking. Carefully open the lid and shred the chicken in Instant Pot. Mix chicken with liquids.
- Spoon 1/3 cup of the chicken mixture onto 6” tortilla. Top with lettuce, cheese, tomatoes and radishes or toppings of your choice. Serve immediately.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
The addition of radishes will add a punch of color and satisfying crunch to your tacos. Their peppery flavor pairs perfectly with the chipotle chicken. Radishes are also a good source of vitamin C, fiber, potassium, folate, manganese, and vitamin B6. Additionally, they are low in calories and fat-free.
Dandy® Radish MiniSticks™ are a mom’s best friend! They make serving radishes so unbelievably easy! They are pre-washed and cut into even slivers. All you have to do is open the bag and serve. The zip top bag allows you to store easily and ensures freshness. We love a brand that makes serving veggies easy and convenient!
Enter the Dandy® Snack League Sweepstakes
Our friends at Dandy® are celebrating America’s favorite pastime by giving away baseball themed prize packs all summer long. Enter the Dandy® Snack League Sweepstakes here.
What’s your favorite way to use radishes? Do you also add them to salads or sandwiches? Let us know in the comments below!