Hot and Sweet Watermelon
- 3/4 tsp peppercorns whole ( or coarsely ground black pepper)
- 1-1/2 tsp mint very finely chopped
- 6 cups watermelon 3/4-inch cubes, seedless
- mint leaves fresh
- Place peppercorns on chopping block. Using the bottom of a heavy saucepan, press firmly, into a heavy downward motion and crush peppercorns into a semi-coarse texture. Combine ground peppercorns with finely chopped mint.
- In a large bowl, toss spice mixture gently but thoroughly with watermelon cubes.
- Spoon into 4 individual serving glasses or bowls. Serve chilled, garnished with a fresh mint leaf.
Recipe courtesy of Produce for Better Health Foundation (PBH). This recipe meets PBH and Centers for Disease Control & Prevention (CDC) nutrition standards that maintain fruits and vegetables as healthy foods.