Homemade Sweet Onion Dip
Sweet onions are a great fresh produce choice full of nutritional and health benefits! Peri & Sons® Farms are one of the committed companies to grow TRUE sweet onions. When searching for a perfect sweet onion, choose those with a very light, golden-brown color. Make sure to avoid those with soft spots or bruises.
Look for pink bags of Sweetie Sweet® Onions through October to help support breast cancer research. And don’t forget to vote for the charity that will receive Peri & Sons Farms Breast Cancer Awareness Month donation!
Try the DELICIOUS Homemade Onion Dip, adopted from Peri & Sons ® Farms!
- 2 large sweet onions finely chopped
- 1/4 cup chives finely chopped
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 oz cream cheese room temperature
- 1 1/2 tsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- In a large skillet, heat oil. Add onions. Cook, stirring often, until onions are golden brown.
- Combine cream cheese, sour cream, vinegar, and chives in a medium bowl.
- Stir in onions. Add salt and pepper to taste and chill for at least one hour.
- Serve with sliced veggies & your other favorite dippers!