Homemade Bloody Mary Mix with Fresh Tomatoes
Nov 23, 2021, Updated Nov 01, 2022
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by NatureSweet
When it comes to brunch cocktails, Bloody Mary is queen of the castle! Don’t make an okay Bloody Mary with a store-bought mix when you can make one that is fit for royalty. Our homemade Bloody Mary mix with fresh tomatoes reigns supreme over any pre-made mix.
Fresh, tangy, and plenty spicy. One sip and it’s easy to see why this recipe is the crown jewel of any brunch buffet. Adorned with plenty of garnishes like celery stalks, lime wedges, olives, cocktail onions, and cherry tomatoes, this is a cocktail bursting with bold flavors that will never be dethroned.
How To Make Homemade Bloody Mary Mix with Fresh Tomatoes
Homemade Bloody Mary mix takes a little more time and effort than bottled options, but the extra work is 100% worth it. It’s a simple process:
Add the tomatoes to a blender and blend for approximately 3 minutes or until smooth. Strain the blended tomatoes through a fine-mesh strainer or food mill to remove seeds and skin. You should have roughly 4 cups of tomato juice.
Rinse out the blender and add the strained tomato juice back in it along with prepared horseradish, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, minced shallot, lime juice, salt and pepper. Blend everything until smooth. Do a quick taste test and adjust the heat and saltiness as you wish.
Chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours or overnight before serving. Stir well and then pour the mixture over ice and vodka into small cocktail glasses, and garnish with your favorite items such as pickles, lime wedges, celery, olives, and of course, more cherry tomatoes! To make virgin Bloody Marys, simply skip the vodka.
Fresh Tomato Bloody Mary
- Mesh Strainer
- 4 10 oz containers NatureSweet Glorys® cherry tomatoes
- 2 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 3 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 tbsp hot sauce
- 1 tbsp shallot minced
- 1 lime, juice only
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 6 oz vodka divided (optional)
- Place the NatureSweet Glorys® cherry tomatoes in a blender and blend until smooth, approximately 3 minutes.
- Strain the blended tomatoes through a fine mesh strainer or food mill to remove seeds and skin. You should have roughly 4 cups of tomato juice.
- Rinse out the blender and add the strained tomato juice back in it along with prepared horseradish, worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, shallot, lime juice, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Adjust the heat and saltiness as needed.
- Chill in the refrigerator for 2-4 hours or overnight before serving. Stir well and then pour the mixture over ice and vodka into four small cocktail glasses and garnish.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
North America’s Favorite Cherry Tomato
NatureSweet Glorys® are North America’s number one selling cherry tomatoes and for good reason. They are picked at the peak of ripeness for great taste year-round. Their versatility allows them to be used in a variety of ways, from grilling to roasting, baking to blending.
There’s no better tomato to make your homemade Bloody Mary mix than NatureSweet Glorys®. You can count on them to be ripe and flavorful, which is essential to ensuring the mix tastes fresh and delicious.
Want to learn more about NatureSweet? Meet the people who are growing tomatoes while also doing what’s right for the community and the planet.
Once you’ve made your fresh tomato Bloody Marys, save the containers to make these fun crafts with the kids.
Let us know what you think of our homemade Bloody Mary mix with fresh tomatoes in the comments below or in our Facebook community. And be sure to tag us in your brunch photos on Instagram @theproducemoms. Cheers!