Hearty Minestrone Soup
Minestrone soup has been a classic favorite in Italian cooking for ages. When you add Steamin’ Greens to the mix, it becomes not only extra-hearty, but extra-scrumptious! Why, a serving of this soup is sure to bowl you over.
- 4 cups Steamin' Greens chopped
- 42 oz beef broth ready-to-use cans
- 1 can red kidney beans (15 oz)
- 1 can cannellini beans aka white kidney beans (14-16 oz)
- 1 can tomato crushed (28 oz)
- 1 small onion chopped
- 1 pkg frozen vegetable mix (10 oz)
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1-1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup elbow macaroni uncooked
- parmesan cheese grated (optional)
- In a soup pot, combine all the ingredients except the macaroni and Parmesan cheese.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat then add the macaroni. Reduce the heat to low and simmer for 30 minutes, or until the macaroni is tender.
- Serve topped with a sprinkle of Parmesan cheese, if desired.
Recipe and photo provided by Salad Savoy