Glazed Sweet Potatoes
A sweet potato is the perfect produce pick for this winter season! The deep orange skin, along with the moist flesh, creates an outstanding sweet flavor. Sweet potatoes are an excellent source of beta-carotene, the carotenoid containing the most vitamin A activity. Acting as an antioxidant, beta-carotene is known to play a role in eyesight, prevention of lung cancer, and even reducing the risk for heart disease. Not only do sweet potatoes provide nutritional benefits – it is also extremely versatile! Sweet potatoes can be roasted, boiled, and/or pureed to create a delicious dish.
Take the #ProduceChallenge and try Glazed Sweet Potatoes this week with your family. It is an incredibly easy and hearty recipe made with maple syrup and brown sugar. This recipe will not leave you disappointed!
- 2 jumbo sweet potato peeled & diced
- 1/8 cup maple syrup
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 tbsp butter unsalted
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring maple syrup, brown sugar, and butter to a boil.
- Place sweet potatoes in a buttered 8x11x2 inch baking dish.
- Pour mixture over potatoes.
- Place in oven and cook for 30 minutes, until tender and glazed.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Enjoy this hearty & luscious side dish with your family 🙂
Need more recipes incorporating sweet potatoes? Check out The Produce Mom on Pinterest!