Strawberry Christmas Tree
Nov 17, 2016, Updated May 27, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
This post is sponsored by Naturipe
This 3-D Christmas Tree Fruit Tray is over-the-top adorable!
This Edible Strawberry Christmas Tree is a three-dimensional fruit tray that is sure to delight your holiday guests! It looks impressive yet is easy to create.
In addition to strawberries and a starfruit, you’ll also need a foam cone (you can get this at a craft supply store) and a box of toothpicks.
Begin by washing your strawberries and removing the stems. Push a toothpick through the stem-end of each strawberry, leaving half of the toothpick exposed. Beginning at the bottom of the foam cone, affix the strawberries to it by pushing the exposed side of the toothpick in the foam. Continue all the way up and around the cone. Using a toothpick, secure a slice of starfruit to the top of the tree to create the tree topper. That’s it, you’re done and now you have a beautiful, vibrant centerpiece for your holiday table.
If you’d like, you can glue the foam base to a decorative charger. This will help keep the tree more stable as your guests pluck the strawberries out of the tree to eat. It also makes the tree look more substantial and festive. If you chose to do so, begin with this step and then affix the strawberries to the tree.
Love this fruit tray? Then you’ll love our free eBook, A Fruit and Veggie Tray for [Almost] Every Holiday. Download it here.
Want to learn more about Naturipe & why we consider this brand the BEST choice for strawberries?
Naturipe has been farmer owned since 1917! Learn more about the Naturipe commitment to sustainability, people, flavor, and more in the video below and online at NaturipeFarms.com
The Produce Moms is proud to work with Naturipe as one of our brand partners. Thank you to the good people at Naturipe Farms for growing delicious strawberries and making fun recipes like this Edible Strawberry Christmas Tree possible.
Edible Strawberry Tree
- 5 lbs strawberries we love Naturipe strawberries
- 1 starfruit
- 1 craft foam cone any size works! This recipe uses a large size cone and 5lbs of Naturipe berries
- 1 box toothpicks
- 1 cheesecloth or plastic wrap (optional) you can use these materials to cover the craft foam
- Push a toothpick into the cleaned top of the strawberry, leaving half of the toothpick exposed.
- Starting at the bottom of the cone, affix the strawberry to the cone by pushing the exposed side of the toothpick into the craft foam.
- Continue to build your strawberry tree by repeating steps 1 and 2.
- Use a toothpick to affix your starfruit slice on top of the tree.
- Optional: Glue the foam base of the strawberry tree to a decorative charger or plate - makes a beautiful and delicious centerpiece!
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.