Easy Caprese Tomato Salad
10-minute salad recipe bursting with fresh flavors
There are many reasons to love Caprese Tomato Salad. It’s quick and easy to make, it’s bursting with fresh flavors, and it pairs well with so many other dishes. We partnered with NatureSweet and Military Produce Group to bring you this recipe and video tutorial for Easy Caprese Tomato Salad using NatureSweet Cherubs® tomatoes. Enjoy it on its own for lunch or serve it alongside chicken, beef, or fish for dinner. In the summer months, serve it alongside your grilled goodies.
Traditional Caprese Salad requires 5 ingredients: tomatoes, basil, mozzarella cheese, olive oil, and salt. We added fresh ground pepper and a splash of white wine vinegar to bring a little more depth to this dish.
- 1 10.5 oz container NatureSweet® Cherubs® tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 3 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup minature mozzarella balls
- Combine vinegar, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Whisk and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine tomatoes, mozzarella, and fresh basil.
- Pour vinaigrette over mixture, and toss gently to combine.
NatureSweet Cherubs® are a lovely addition to any salad. And because they are available year-round, you don’t have to wait for summer to enjoy great tomatoes or Caprese Tomato Salad. Try this recipe at your house and let us know what you think!