Cream of Mushroom Soup
Mushrooms are found all around the world & they are always in season, since this produce is grown indoor. A mushroom is high in Vitamin D and B Vitamins to provide a excellent source of energy. They are also a great addition to any dish – nature’s hidden treasure! Mushrooms are quick and easy to prep – just wipe off the mushroom caps with a damp paper towel, cut the stem, and serve!
Is your family hesitant to eating mushrooms? Try serving this DELICIOUS Cream of Mushroom Soup this week! Plus, this is the perfect recipe to serve in the cold months ahead 🙂
- 1 medium onion diced
- 4 cloves garlic minced
- 6 tbsp butter unsalted
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 18 oz mushrooms sliced
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup brandy
- 6 cups chicken stock
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tbsp truffle oil (optional)
- 3 oz goat cheese crumbled
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup parsley minced
- Melt 3 Tbsp. butter in a large pot and sauté onions for 4 minutes. Add garlic and sauté for 1 minute more. Add 8 Oz. of mushrooms and sauté until brown.
- Add brandy and reduce until liquid has evaporated. Add flour and cook 1 minute.
- Add chicken stock and bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to medium, stirring.
- Heat remaining butter in a pan over medium-high heat. Add remaining mushrooms and sauté for 8 minutes.
- Let soup cool and puree with a hand-held blender until smooth. Return to simmer and add cream, parsley, cooked mushrooms, and seasoning. Serve with goat cheese and truffle oil.