May 14, 2014, Updated Jun 05, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
A great cookie for winter!
Do you have a Christmas party or cookie swap to attend this holiday season? Bring Cranberry Cookies and watch them get gobbled up!
Cranberry Cookies have everything you want in a cookie. They are soft and sweet. The cranberries add a little zing to each bite. We have suggested semi-sweet chocolate chips and roasted soy nuts, but you could also use white chocolate chips, dark chocolate chunks, walnut pieces, or pecan pieces.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3/4 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup butter unsalted, at room temperature
- 1 cup brown sugar packed
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 6 oz fresh or dried cranberries
- 8 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup roasted soy nuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, sift together the first 2 ingredients and add the salt. Set aside.
- Cream the butter in a free standing or hand held electric mixer.
- Add the brown sugar and the granulated sugar and mix until well blended.
- Add the eggs, one at a time and add the vanilla.
- Slowly mix in the flour mixture. Add the cranberries, chocolate and nuts. Mix until well blended.
- Roll the dough, about the size of a large meatball, in your hands and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Press down slightly and repeat for remaining dough. Bake in the oven until golden brown, about 15 to 18 minutes.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.
Enjoy these cookies with a tall glass of milk or if you’re feeling extra festive, a hot mug of cocoa! Don’t forget… Santa loves them too! 🙂
Do you love cranberries? Check out these 10 creative ways to use fresh cranberries!