May 11, 2014, Updated Jun 07, 2021
This post may contain affiliate links. Please read our disclosure policy.
Christmas calls for at least one great cranberry dessert. That’s our rule anyway! You’ll love this recipe for Cranberry Biscotti. It’s a wonderful way to end Christmas dinner. We recommend serving with coffee.
- 1/2 cup butter unsalted, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar granulated
- 2 large egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1-3/4 cups flour all-purpose
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt kosher
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cranberries dried
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips semi-sweet
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In the bowl of your electric mixer, using the paddle attachment, cream the butter and sugar. When creamed, it should be very light colored, like off-white. Add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, mixing well after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, salt, and cocoa powder. Add to the butter mixture and beat to combine.
- Stir in the dried cranberries and chocolate chips.
- Transfer the dough to a floured surface and divide it in half. Form each half into a log about 12 inches long.
- Transfer the logs to the baking sheet, spacing them well apart, and pat to even the shapes.
- Bake until firm to the touch, about 35 minutes (logs will spread during baking).
- Remove from the oven, place on a wire rack, and let cool for about 10 minutes.
- Transfer the logs to a cutting board. Using a serrated knife carefully cut the logs into slices about 1 inch thick on the diagonal.
- Arrange the slices on the baking sheet in a single layer and bake for about 10 minutes. Turn the slices over and bake until crisp and dry, about 10 minutes longer. Remove from oven and let cool on wire rack.
Nutrition information is automatically calculated, so should only be used as an approximation.